Chase Ultimate Rewards factors recurrently seem close to the highest of TPG’s month-to-month valuations, and it is for a great purpose. The program affords some nice switch companions that may unlock terrific worth whenever you need to redeem the factors you’ve earned on the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve and Ink Business Preferred Credit Card.
Before redeeming your factors, you may need to perceive the optimum timing for transferring them to companions and, equally necessary, how to seamlessly switch your factors.
Today, we’ll undergo when and how it is best to switch your hard-earned Chase factors to the World of Hyatt program.
When do you have to switch Chase factors to Hyatt?
The World of Hyatt program is taken into account by many to be the only most profitable switch accomplice of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program. Category 8 properties just like the Park Hyatt New York and Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme prime out at 45,000 factors per evening on peak dates with customary room availability. Often, money charges for these similar rooms are over $1,000 per evening. And World of Hyatt members are exempt from vacation spot and resort charges when utilizing factors.
However, you may need to evaluate money and award costs to your keep to decide whether or not it is sensible to switch factors.
To simplify the method, let’s contemplate two methods you possibly can redeem Chase factors for Hyatt stays:
- How many factors would you want to e-book a typical room via Chase’s on-line journey portal?
- How many factors would you want to e-book a typical room via the World of Hyatt program?
Let’s take a better have a look at how to determine which possibility is finest for you.
Searching for lodges via Chase Travel
Here’s how to test the award charges for resort properties via Chase’s journey portal:
- Log in to your Chase account, and go to the Ultimate Rewards web page to your Sapphire Reserve, Ink Business Preferred or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. These playing cards enable transfers to companions.
- If you will have factors in different Ultimate Rewards accounts, like Chase Freedom Unlimited, mix them into one of the three accounts talked about above to allow transfers. For extra details about combining Chase factors, refer to this text.
- Expand the “Earn / Use” part and click on “Travel.”
- Select “Hotels,” enter your search standards and proceed to see what number of factors are wanted to your keep.
- Select a selected room to view the whole factors, together with taxes and charges. The preliminary outcomes solely show the nightly fee with out further taxes.
- Make a observe of this complete quantity.
Remember that Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can redeem Ultimate Rewards factors for 1.5 cents every on this approach. Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Business Preferred cardholders can redeem factors at a worth of 1.25 cents apiece.
Sign up for our each day e-newsletter
Searching for award rooms with World of Hyatt
Once you will have this quantity, it is now time to test award availability immediately with Hyatt. Here’s how to achieve this:
- Visit hyatt.com and log in to your World of Hyatt account.
- Enter your search parameters, test the field for “Use Points,” then click on Find Hotels.
- Locate your required property on the outcomes web page, then click on View Rates. (Note that Hyatt’s web site will not show real-time award availability on the outcomes web page. You should click on via to the person property to confirm that award rooms can be found.)
- Find the room you need and observe the whole value in factors.
Then, merely evaluate the 2 charges to see which is decrease.
For instance, let’s contemplate the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, a Category 8 property within the World of Hyatt program requiring 40,000 factors per evening for the standard award keep. Off-peak dates value 35,000 factors per evening, whereas peak dates value 45,000 factors per evening.
If reserving immediately via Chase’s portal requires fewer factors, there is not any want to switch. If it requires extra factors, transferring is the higher possibility.
Here are two eventualities with totally different outcomes (assuming you will have the Chase Sapphire Reserve):
Friday, Jan. 12 via Monday, Jan. 15:
- Standard king room via Chase Portal: 493,333 factors.
- Standard king room via World of Hyatt: 135,000 factors.
Transferring your Ultimate Rewards factors would prevent over 350,000 factors in contrast to reserving immediately.
Note: The distinction can be much more vital for those who had the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Ink Business Preferred. To cowl a $7,400.18 resort stick with factors from both of these playing cards, you’d want to redeem 740,018 factors, which is over 5 instances the fee for those who switch factors to Hyatt.
Friday, Oct. 13 via Monday, Oct. 16:
- Standard king room via Chase Portal: 82,200 factors
- Standard king room via World of Hyatt: 105,000 factors
Redeeming immediately within the Chase Portal would save over 20,000 factors for these much less busy dates.
While the choice will not be all the time simple, evaluating the numbers gives you a place to begin to decide whether or not transferring factors is best.
Often, the choice is not that apparent. You can generally get even decrease member or low cost charges reserving immediately via Hyatt, and for those who maintain World of Hyatt elite standing, you’ll most certainly not obtain these advantages (nor will you earn factors to your keep) when reserving via the Chase portal. And as talked about, Hyatt properties will waive these pesky resort charges whenever you redeem World of Hyatt factors — however these will nonetheless be charged on Chase bookings.
Finally, Sapphire Preferred cardholders get pleasure from $50 in assertion credit yearly for resort reservations booked through Chase Travel. On a low-cost Hyatt keep, this might greater than offset the shortage of factors and elite perks.
All that stated, evaluating the above numbers will not less than provide you with a place to begin to determine whether or not transferring is sensible.
Related: 5 simple methods to maximize Hyatt award redemptions
Transferring Chase factors to Hyatt
If you determine to switch Chase factors to Hyatt, you possibly can switch to your World of Hyatt account or the account of one further family member who’s a licensed consumer. The course of for transferring Ultimate Rewards factors to all companions begins the identical approach:
1. Log in to your Chase account and click on on the rewards you need to use.
2. Find the Ultimate Rewards part, and click on “Earn / Use.” (If you will have a couple of card account, select your required one from the following web page, holding in thoughts that solely factors from the playing cards that earn factors could be transferred.)
3. Once you’ve got mixed your factors (if wanted), choose “Transfer to travel partners.”
4. Scroll down the checklist of resort companions and click on the arrow subsequent to Hyatt. Then choose “Transfer points.”
(Note: Once you’ve added your account the primary time, it’ll seem on the prime as a saved frequent traveler program.)
5. Select the recipient of the factors, enter the recipient’s World of Hyatt quantity, then click on “Next.”
5. Enter the quantity of factors you need to switch (have to be in increments of 1,000) and click on “Next.”
6. Review your particulars on the following web page and click on “Submit.”
The subsequent display screen ought to affirm that the switch was profitable.
In our assessments, transfers from Chase Ultimate Rewards to World of Hyatt are instantaneous, so it is best to see your factors in your new Hyatt factors in your account instantly.
Note that you may’t revert transfers, so be sure you need to make the switch earlier than submitting. As famous above, you possibly can solely switch to your individual Hyatt account or to the account of one family member who’s a licensed consumer on the cardboard. It’s free to add approved customers on the Sapphire Preferred. However, it’ll value you $75 on the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Once the factors have arrived, go forward and finalize your redemption.
Related: What is World of Hyatt elite standing value in 2023?
The World of Hyatt program is a favourite of award vacationers thanks to its cheap redemption charges and luxurious properties worldwide. Many TPG staffers have had some unbelievable stays with Hyatt, and this system is one of the perfect switch companions from Chase Ultimate Rewards. However, it’s important to know each when and how to switch your factors to your Hyatt account, and hopefully, this information has clarified each of these processes.
By following the following pointers, you’ll be in your approach to redeeming your Ultimate Rewards factors for max worth.
Additional reporting by Kyle Olsen.